Donnerstag, 15. August 2013

Starting over with Jiu Jitsu

After training for a while in the Sanefighting Academy back in Munich in 2010/11 and several injury caused breaks i finally got back on track and started to train again at Jungle BJJ in Prague.


So far it was 2 sessions, which both were amazing. The climate in the gym is very good and i felt it like there was an total absence of ego.

I completely forgot everything what i learned from Johannes Wieth back in Munich, who was a great trainer and still is a huge motivation for me. Well, while rolling i tried to recall a few escapes i learned but couldn’t really pull them off.

On the first training in the Jungle we practiced escapes and i quickly got reminded how exhausting jiu jitsu is. Even I consider myself to be in quite good physical condition i was sweating like hell even whilst the technique practice. I learned a guard escape where the guy in the mount is trying to use your GI to choke you and you grab a under hook on him an roll him over.

After that we of course rolled. It was great, i first got a white belt opponent where i managed to survive for a while but in the end got tapped for sure. Then i worked my way through on a blue and after a purple belt. Both of them, of course, totally dominating me BUT instead of pulling through their game on me they actually gave me tips and practiced some escapes with me, which i found just great!

On the second session we practiced a half guard escape. Grabbing the upper guys collar, tighten the grip and shrimp under him, ear on his thigh to avoid getting choked, then grabbing under his thigh with palms up and elbows tight to protect the arm and finally grabbing and fixating his other foot and sweep him over. Great technique.

After that rolling again, same like last time, worked my way through white, blue and purple opponents, all of them very understanding that I’m new and giving me space to practice some techniques and give me tips.

On the white belt i rolled first with i nearly made it through the end without tapping. I survived.

I’m reading Ribeiros Jiu Jitsu Academy next to physical practice and red about a back mount survival position, i tried it while rolling with a white belt and it worked! I did not only survive his back mount i also managed to escape it with that technique! It was awesome.

So far to my first two sessions, i cannot wait to go to training again. This time definitely going to stick with it.

Oss!

Ceo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen